Where You Meet Your Savior and Find A friend.
We are glad you took this opportunity to check us out. Please, take a moment and learn about us. We would be happy to meet you so we can get to know you and share with you the wonderful message about our Savior Jesus.
Important Update about changes due to Corona Virus
Please Join Us Online!
Our worship services can be watched live or recorded from our Facebook page.
Sunday Morning online service LIVE at 9:00 A.M.
Link to our Facebook page HERE
or search "Cross of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church" on Facebook
|To follow along with the worship service, you can download a bulletin HERE|
|To follow along with Pastor Schultz"s Bible Study, download a study guide HERE|
|Free teaching materials to help teach your children Sunday School Lessons HERE|
|To make a donation to help support Cross of Christ Lutheran Church click HERE|
Good Shepherd live stream services: www.1goodshepherd.org
Sunday morning at 9:00AM
Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM
WELS worship services by Time of Grace in Appleton can be watched on TV
Sunday morning at 5:30AM on WISC (CBS channel 3)
You can also watch the sermon online at www.timeofgrace.org
Make sure you stay connected to Cross of Christ on the church website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to get important updates on worship services and other news and events.
Information about the Corona virus (also known as COVID-19) can be found at the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website. www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19
Since the Wisconsin State Supreme Court overturned the state’s Stay at Home order, people are once again allowed to attend worship services in church. However, they are still urged to practice social distancing. For this reason, the Cross of Christ Church Council decided to offer worship services once again on Sunday at 9:00 a.m. and Monday at 7:00 p.m. The first worship services will take place on June 7 and 8 with the following social distance measures in place:
- Only 40 people are allowed to worship in church at a time, in addition to the pastor and the organist.
- People will only be allowed to sit in designated pews.
- Members need to call Pastor Schultz any time from Monday through Saturday between 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. to let him know if they will attend the Sunday or Monday service. He will then assign them a pew to sit in. Members can call Pastor Schultz at home at 608-742-5009.
- People are encouraged not to congregate in the back of church before or after the worship service.
- People, especially ushers, are encouraged to wear masks.
- There will be no greeters handing out worship folders/bulletins.
- There will be no hymnals or Bibles in the pews. The entire worship service will be in the worship folder/bulletin. If members would like to follow along with the worship service in the hymnal, they can bring their hymnal from home. If they do not have one, a small supply of hymnals will be available to use in the back of church.
- People will place their offerings in plates in the back of church when they first walk, or as they walk out after service.
- Holy Communion will be offered on the first, third, and fifth Sundays of the month, and the Mondays after. However, members will line up in the middle aisle and stay about six feet apart from one another. One member will come up at a time to receive the bread and then the wine. Only individual cups will be offered. The pastor will give a final blessing after everyone has received Holy Communion.
- If you do not feel comfortable attending worship services, You may watch Cross of Christ’s Sunday morning 9:00 a.m. worship service Live or recorded by going to Cross of Christ’s Facebook page. If you would like to follow along with the worship service, you may download a bulletin from the church’s website at www.portagelutheranchurch.org. Links for the church Facebook page and the bulletin on the front page of the church website.
- People who have a fever, cough, trouble breathing, or other symptoms of illness are encouraged to stay home and worship online until they feel better.
- Midweek Bible classes, Church Committees, and other groups are once again allowed to gather in church, but they are encouraged to maintain social distancing.
- The Sunday morning Bible class is canceled for the summer.
- The church picnic has been postponed.
- There will be no coffee, snacks, or fellowship meals after worship services over the summer.
- The Divine Savior Run Walk and Concert at the Portage has been canceled.
- There has been no decision on whether or not to hold Vacation Bible School.
Finally, as we continue to live in these trying times, the Cross of Christ Church Council will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic to see when things can get back to normal at church or if any further changes are needed. For this reason, stay connected to Cross of Christ on the church website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to get important updates on worship services and other news and events. But regardless when things get back to normal, find comfort in your risen and ascended Savior Jesus who has forgiven your sins and who uses his almighty power to rule all things for the good of his people so we can one day join him in heaven. There we will all gather together and worship him in his presence safe and healthy forever.
Your servants in Christ,
Pastor Schultz and Cross of Christ’s Church Council
(Beginning June 7 services will resume following guidelines above)
Sunday Morning: 9:00 a.m.
Monday Evening Service: 7:00 p.m.
The Lord's Supper is offered the first, third, and fifth Sunday
and the following Monday of the month
Sunday School and Adult Bible study at 10:30 a.m.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.